banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Scrappy updates :) ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, October 04, 2010

So, I went to Papirfesten this weekend and had a jolly good time, at least the two first days. If you happened to meet me on Sunday, I really apologize for my somewhat grumpy appearance – it’s just me mourning the loss of my previously good relationship with Rum&Coke. I’m too old for that shit. ‘Nuff said.

I’m surprised that I actually managed to scrap at Papirfesten – knowing myself I was like “ugh, I never get anything done at crops – especially larger ones – no point bringing stuff along” so I just went with my binder with very very old never-gotten-around-to-scrap photos & mostly old papers and embellishments that had been in my cropbag for years. I did grab a few 6x6 pads of the new Pink Paislee stuff for good measure. But – lo and behold – I actually managed to scrap two layouts and create two cards! And they were all finished at the crop, no “need to finish at home” stuff this year, yay me! :D

Now, I just need to take photographs of the new creations, which I haven’t gotten around to yet, so in the meantime: Here’s my layout for Pencil-Lines and Halloween-stuff for Elle’s Studio (for this months challenge, join in for a chance on a 25$ gift certificate to the store!).

ania207 This weeks’ sketch was created by our guest, Tamar Bostock, from Australia, better known as the woman behind Tarisota.

ania207_cu1

I decided to whip out my Pink Paislee-stuff for this one, and some photos I’ve been meaning to scrap for a good long while (ie, printed out long, long time ago :p) and yeah :p Pretty much all of the stuff on this page is from the Sweetness-collection, while the dressed chipboard in the middle is a piece from the Faux Bois Mini Book from Old School :p The bling seen here is from Prima.

 ania207_cu2

Love the metal-badge! I wanted the photos to look like they were hanging from this badge.. ania207_cu3 Mm yeah, banners are slowly growing on me I guess :p The power of the trends, uh :p

halloweengroup_webAs for this months challenge over at Elle’s Studio, we were to use the digital Halloween-stuff. I’m all up for a good challenge, but being a traditional scrapper myself I have to admit I was a wee bit sceptical. But hey, it’s just to pick out the designs you wanna use, decide whether you wanna do photopaper or cardstock, decide size then print out – if you wanna use them the trad. way. No? :)

So I decided to just take the plunge & whip up my Fancy Pants Halloween-papers and rubons and just get started…

tag_web

First out: A tag. Grab a tag, a sheet of a book & spray mist on’em. Add printouts (here I used Halloween Papers shrunk so it looks like a tag (the purple one), Halloween Circle tags and Halloween Journaling Tags). Rubons and ribbon from Fancy Pants :) candybar_web

Then I decided to wrap a candybar – this one is oh, so easypeasy. Wrap a piece of paper around, add tags – tadah.

candycard_web

And then we have the card. I’ve seen lots of cool tea-light cards out there – they seem to be popular with cardmakers – cards that have tea-lights on the side, like a little gift. Not sure what they’re called. Anyways, instead of tea-lights I figured I’d gift someone a card (haven’t decided who yet, so y’all better be nice with me! :p) w/chocolate bar.candycard_cu1_WEB

This cute little ghost is a rubon from Fancy Pants – I added purple gems for eyes and covered the whole rubon with glossy accent :) candycard_cu2_web

Here you can see how the card is made.. candycard_open_WEB  And here’s the tags used – both circle & journaling-tag which was printed out on cardstock and either sewn on or had rubons decorating them.

Hmm, I did plan on sharing some photos and a little more from Papirfesten, esp the cute babyphotos of Oddbjørgs beautiful little daughter Lykke, but this post is long enough as is, so I’ll just put up a separate post after cooking dinner and stuff mehtinks.

4 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Scrappy updates :) ~~'

  1. _Kine Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/10/scrappy-updates.html?showComment=1286196506239#c8970915943047545854'> 2:48 PM

    Spøkelseeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

     

  2. Eli Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/10/scrappy-updates.html?showComment=1286203298114#c7479081166805608869'> 4:41 PM

    Jeg er fremdeles overbevist om at det var den ene drinken du tok bar som var dråpen. Vi to gamliser klarte oss jo fint ;) Takk for en kjekk helg vennen!! Gleder meg til å se bildene av Lykke; hun var jo bare sååå søt <3 Og så stemmer jeg i med Kine -spøøøøøøøøkelse :D

     

  3. banglamarie Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/10/scrappy-updates.html?showComment=1286223069545#c1220827912335953169'> 10:11 PM

    Lekre ting du har scrappet!! :o)

     

  4. On my way... Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/10/scrappy-updates.html?showComment=1286890182273#c779916413959122825'> 3:29 PM

    Lol re rum and coke, it's vodka and orange for me ;) and rofl @ the banners, vie always thought they were cute, but I have a friends whose resisting also!

    Gorgeous work, really striking as always, especially love e PP page, picked some up for myself the other day....now to find time to play!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-