banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ and don’t ever put me down ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I thought spring had sprung. Like, finally. Only, it started snowing again last night and this morning the roads were all iced down and stuff. Bleh. No snow today, and yesterdays snow has disappeared, but the fact that it actually occurred sort of sets you back a notch. Double-bleh.

I´ve started planting a bunch of herbs and vegetables though. The green little spires makes me happy. I´m not one for flowers and stuff, they just die all the time so it´s wasted money buying me flowers. But useful stuff like herbs and stuff - yeah - I´m a little more rigid about watering and caring. Unless it´s stupid cucumbers. They need so darn much water that once you forget about them just one day they shrink and stuff - no fun! But I digress....figured I´d share the little hostess-gift I made the other day, and which you can see over at the Fancy Pants blog for my "Fancy this" post.

basil_pot2

I think seedlings makes cute hostess-gifts. Feels a bit more thoughtful and useful. If the receiver is into herbs I guess. Nevertheless it´s different isn´t?

tutorial_pot

I started out with an empty jar.

tutorial_pot3

Which was gessoed (I wasn´t sure if watching soil & roots through a glass jar would be any nice).

tutorial_pot4

And decorated with a transparency - an elegant, flocked one from "Road Show", one of the new collections from CHA-W.

basil_pot

Then, after placing the soil&spires in the jar, I just added a tag to it. One decorated with lots of glimmer-mist, a Tattered Angels chip tile (which was painted, misted & glossy accented), ribbon and a rub-on from "Road Show". I even sewed a mini-banner on the tag. Heh. The seedlings are Basil by the way. My fave-herb for cooking :)

card2

I also made a couple cards for the recent product-spotlight over at the Fancy Pants blog - using rub-ons from "My Family".

card1

Simple cards. Quick & easy to make.

Wish you all a joyous Easter. Am still at work, and might work some this Easter, but looking forward to the time off I´ll get too.


Title: Lift me – Ane Brun & Madrugada

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ and don’t ever put me down ~~'

  1. Lizzie Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-dont-ever-put-me-down.html?showComment=1269938402115#c8754138193701764371'> 10:40 AM

    What a lovely gift! I'd be thrilled to bits, to receive that! Clever you...
    I also like the cards - especially the cute granny & grandad one.

     

  2. banglamarie Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-dont-ever-put-me-down.html?showComment=1269951155716#c688520412401905054'> 2:12 PM

    Kjempeflott basilikumspotte!! og lekre kort!!
    -du er flink og inspirerende!!

     

  3. Sasha Farina Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/and-dont-ever-put-me-down.html?showComment=1270020731246#c1872202604002994996'> 9:32 AM

    give me the jar anytime of the day. you keep the herb. i would just kill it anyway.. plants are afraid of me. :D

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-