banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ The color yellow & a tutorial light ~~

Posted by Ania On Saturday, January 14, 2012

ania_januar1

When Wenche announced her January-challenge over at 3ndypapir, I knew I had to join whenever I got the chance. Yellow is a color that I love, but never really actually use. So with her challenge being about using the color yellow, I happily obliged.

ania_januar2

I added a number of Prima-flowers to this card (I esp *love* the big one here, the one with the bling in the middle!), some veeerrry old Prima-bling from like 2007 or so (haha! They’ve remained one of my faves thru the years though!) & stuck some Maya Road star-pins in thru the flowers. OH and see the letters? Awesome poolside-thickers from American Crafts – I couldn’t find any R or A’s left in my sheet so I cut this Q in half so it became exactly these two letters I needed. Ahhh, love it when the design allows you to do such stuff and turn out smashing =)

 

ania_jan1

And as for the heart – I have a heartshaped minibook (by Maya Road) that I’ve torn apart & used in layouts and cards instead. I knew I wanted to use it, but at the same time I thought covering it in one sheet of patterned paper sorta would be boring when I hadn’t envisioned doing much else with the card itself.. So this time I simply cut a number of strips (with various widths), taped the one end lightly and started weaving the strips until it was large enough to cover the heart.

ania_jan2

Before using the chipboardheart I painted the surface just in case it’d peek out from between the paper…then I covered the heart in adhesive and attached it to the woven mat.

 

ania_jan3

Then all you need is to trace your heart & cut it out. Pwetty, eh?

The woven heart makes it look more “fun” …it’s going to a six year old girl, but the card itself could just as well be given someone who’s turning 60 too.

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ The color yellow & a tutorial light ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-yellow-tutorial-light.html?showComment=1326586678585#c4149449003609028939'> 1:17 AM

    This is just perfect! Love how you made the woven heart!

     

  2. Aquarell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-yellow-tutorial-light.html?showComment=1326586920133#c8788456976232351380'> 1:22 AM

    Så fint.:-) Og så smart å flette arkene, det ble en skikkelig kul effekt.:-)

     

  3. Grethe Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/01/color-yellow-tutorial-light.html?showComment=1326750245222#c6680466773116344452'> 10:44 PM

    Wow! Kjempeflott! Dette må jeg prøve en gang! Tusen takk for kjempeflott tips!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-