banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Tutorial: Photo-a-day-journal ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, March 13, 2012

bok1

Oy. You know the hype w/the photo-a-day-challenges? Well, I figured I’d make my own (or well, this one is for a young relative of mine), mixing up some of the prompts I’ve seen floating around the web for this journal premade outta scraps (mostly Pink Paislee & Hambly Screenprints), embellishments from Sassafras, Prima, Craft Origine and Maya Road and least but not last; Vintage Mix & Match numbers from Elle’s Studio :) Oh, and bakers twine from The Twinery (there’s a discount over there atm – 15% off if you use ILOVETWINE this week. I’m not affiliated, just love their twine & plan to order some once I get this months pay..somehow the money keeps..like…disappearing :p) Oh, and if you hurry over to Glue Arts right now you can enter their giveaways :) Here’s my post with them, this week’s theme is children & teen craft ideas :)

bok2

Nevertheless. Think & whimsical & nifty. I hope.

bok4

Here’s the list of the challenged issued, in Norwegian. Found an old Rhonna Farrer digiswirlthingie to prettify the list.

bok_tut1

First - gather various scraps which'll match somewhat.

Doesn't matter that they won't be the same size - it's just cool.

bok_tut3

Fold them together w/a bonefolder - you don't even need to make sure they are folded in the middle - one page can just as well be longer than the other. Use the border punch or the corner punch on some of the pages.

bok_tut2

Carefully sew in the middle of the pages (or punch holes & thread some twine to hold the pages together).

bok_tut4

Some of the Elle’s Studio number-tags were fairly large, so I just added adhesive to the corner edges so that my niece will be able to lift the tags some to tuck her images in behind the number-tags. For some of the smaller number tags I just used the extreme adhesive squares - either large or small ones depending on the size of the tags.

bok3

Oh, and the closing thingie: the twine wrapping around the book a couple of times? Saw this idea somewhere in the blogosphere, I’m so sucky at remembering from where. Just recall I thought that was such a simple yet cool idea and that I needed to try it out sometime. Well, from what I can tell it looks to be working swell!

bok5

Love the number-tags from Elle’s!

bok6

There ya go.

Now, I have a buncha projects which I need to get started with. If only the kiddo wasn’t so into Doctor Who these days so I had some more time to play w/paper in the evenings! (Oh, who am I kidding. LOVE Doctor Who, which reminds me of my childhood and early mornings with Sky Channel and Pat Sharp and, as far as I have gathered, the fifth Doctor, and LOVE that the kids loves him too! :D)

6 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Tutorial: Photo-a-day-journal ~~'

  1. Beatemor Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1331666590739#c1761623896698163126'> 8:23 PM

    Dette var dritkult!! Tusen takk for inspirasjon. Skal definitivt prøves når jeg skal på treff i helga.

     

  2. Aquarell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1331724052007#c9020713771784861030'> 12:20 PM

    Superflott album, og så smart! Dette vil garantert falle i smak hos mottakeren. :)

     

  3. F.T Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1331894265566#c1396397126604083418'> 11:37 AM

    So Cute card, Like the up and down pages.

    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic Card

     

  4. SALUD Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1331928208250#c8582143558221609989'> 9:03 PM

    early mornings with Sky Channel and Pat Sharp and, as far as I have gathered, the fifth Doctor, and LOVE that the kids loves him too! :D)


    fin del mundo

     

  5. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1333403363642#c8563197819284148988'> 11:49 PM

    Kjempe flott album :)
    Du er utrolig flink og så kreativ, koser meg når jeg er innom bloggen din :)

     

  6. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/03/tutorial-photo-day-journal.html?showComment=1333711710558#c6076806524032902713'> 1:28 PM

    I love the simplicity of this journal

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-