banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Tutorial: Dear Lizzy, I so love this line! ~~

Posted by Ania On Wednesday, May 30, 2012
giftbox
Loook what a gorgeous, feminine line the Neapolitan collection from American Crafts is!
*lovelovelove*
Truth to be told, I’m not always *that* fond of premade embellishments that’s put together in advance sorta (I sort of feel that defeats the purpose of *creating*), but the embellishments in the AC-line? *loves* Hands down!
So when I got the Neapolitan line from AC for the Glue Arts collaboration, I was in awe – such a generous amount of products and so so pretty!
I truly adored what we got to work with from American Crafts, and whipped up three cards in no time! The huge array of premade embellishments makes it so easy for the busy scrapper to put together a card that isn't only fast to create, but actually looks thoughtfully put together! Love that!
(ok, enough giddying….=) )
First: The two regular cards:
ACcard1
One for a colleague turning 40…
accard2
A card for a babygirl (see the bling?? Doodlebug-bling that’s like, 4 years old or more! Go me for trying to use old stuff!)
ACcard2a
Couldn’t help but sneak in these Maya Road-kraft owls! My cousin and her s.o. are both avid birdspotters…working in the field of ornithology :)
Now, this exploding box:
giftbox1
giftbox3
So easy to create! Especially with the premade embellishments from AC!
ac_box1
First: Create your base. I made mine so that I could use 3" squares of patterned paper to create the sides of the box. Score the sides according to the picture if you want the same sized box as mine. Cut out the outer corners so that you get a "cross" for your actual box.
giftbox2
I've seen an increasing popularity in creating such folders for giftcards or money in regular cards, but it wasn't until I saw this idea by Zuzia (LINK:http://blog.thescrapcake.com/2012/05/amazi...-idea-by-zuzia/ or to my pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/71424344060697834/) I realized I should combine these two ideas into this one.
ac_box2
To do so, start with a sheet of patterned paper in the same pattern as the inner pages. If you're following my measurements, these are the measurements for this one (see picture).
ac_box3
Fold…
ac_box4
..and cut w/a circle puncher. (Thanks for borrowing me this one, Eli! =) )
ac_box5
And as for the box topper, just cut a square and score as following in the picture.
Snip/cut in the sides, fold and adhere so you get a little box.
giftbox4

Hurry over to the Glue Arts blog, you can enter to win a AC-goodiepack (if it’s like the one we got you’re totally in for a treat!) and some adhesive-goodies :) And not to mention – even more inspiration from the other gals :)

5 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Tutorial: Dear Lizzy, I so love this line! ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/05/tutorial-dear-lizzy-i-so-love-this-line.html?showComment=1338418811946#c8306122183457949268'> 1:00 AM

    Love the cards and the box!

     

  2. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/05/tutorial-dear-lizzy-i-so-love-this-line.html?showComment=1338449123656#c5343070376719041526'> 9:25 AM

    Everything you made is so cute! I want the whole collection now!

     

  3. Tammy Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/05/tutorial-dear-lizzy-i-so-love-this-line.html?showComment=1338569383971#c5404686004663875967'> 6:49 PM

    Lizzy!!
    Thank you so much for creating the challenge project for the Maya Road/ Paper Crafter's Library challenge this week---you did a lovely job!! I especially like the way you stamped on the chipboard letters!!! You are too cute:) Thank you for sharing and for allowing me to glean from you! be blessed
    ~Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.urbeyondmeasure.com

     

  4. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/05/tutorial-dear-lizzy-i-so-love-this-line.html?showComment=1339755578969#c8064205401612358852'> 12:19 PM

    Hi Ania, been far too long since i visited, love this project!
    Hope you are well
    Anna x

     

  5. Lindsay Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/05/tutorial-dear-lizzy-i-so-love-this-line.html?showComment=1341244286143#c2609345777767066499'> 5:51 PM

    I REALLLLLY love this!!! SOOO MUCH!! I just ordered EVERY dear lizzy project I could find online! :)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-