banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Strong Sense of Design ~~

Posted by Ania On Friday, May 20, 2011

Usually I just scrap like, mindlessly. Like, grab some photos and some papers and try to figure out stuff as I go along.

simplycrate

For the Crate Paper’s Simply Crate post of the month however, I thought I’d have a plan established before starting. I thought I’d try to focus on the design-side of the layout. I’ve often admired those who manage to incorporate strong, often simple yet amazing design to their work. Like, really go for a graphic design/look for their layouts. I figured I’d give it a try for this instalment of the Simply Crate-post.

It might look somewhat complicated, but if you go to the blogpost over at Crate you’ll see a step-by-step on how I break down this layout to the basic main parts of the layout. It’s only three mainparts really.

The layout consist of stuff from both the Neighborhood and Portrait-collections. The images are from a datenight some weeks ago, where we wrapped up the evening w/a concert (Sondre Lerche at Garage :) ). I know designwise that photo should probably have been first, or maybe even in the middle, but…that was what we ended the night with, so I chose to go for the linear storyline picturewise.

 

simplycrate_cu1simplycrate_cu2

 

Now, somebody’s been counting the days, counting down and running towards the mailbox every single day just in case…

IMG_2188

And today it finally arrived. Her box. Her gift. She got some money from my dad when he was here, and she immediately wanted to order something off the Blizzard-store. “Mommy, it’s so, so soft, I can feel it” she said while clutching this (I assume – hard) box.

IMG_2191

She simply fell in love with this Grpyhon Hatchling. She didn’t have enough money for it on her own, but her brother chipped in the remaining amount so that he could get the in-gamepet for his maincharacter. Haha. They’re both happy (with this gryphon hatchling he got 75 pets…more than me..and got a bonus-pet to boot :p)

 

Psst.
My friend Ellen has a giveaway on her blog. One that’s too cool to miss.
She’s giving away three different things. I don’t knit, so I’d rather drool at her two other prizes:

This bag + coin purse (she sew that herself. darn creative women!)

And this supercute coin purse w/supercool buttons inside. Yeah. Still sewing stuff herself. I so hate creative and talented women doing stuff just like that ;p (but then again, as I keep telling the kids, “hate” is such a strong word. So, let me rephrase: I deeply dislike creative and talented women like her ;p *grin* *wink*)

Drop over to her place. You won’t be sorry.

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Strong Sense of Design ~~'

  1. Ellen* Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/strong-sense-of-design.html?showComment=1305907308491#c3285729473096625255'> 6:01 PM

    Haha - so you hate me?! Good to know...;o) (takk for reklamen da:o))
    Fin datenight-LO - og skjønn Amalie som koser med eska si;o)

     

  2. Nati Tristan Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/strong-sense-of-design.html?showComment=1305929407497#c3027952361081435037'> 12:10 AM

    I love SOHO! Wonderful layout and what a cutie pie of a girly girl you have there!

     

  3. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/strong-sense-of-design.html?showComment=1305943279185#c4585896840121845045'> 4:01 AM

    Fabulous layout!!!! Your daughter looks so happy- what a great feeling to give the perfect gift!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-