banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Trying things I don’t really master ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, May 28, 2012

ania_lifts_heidi1

I suppose you could call this layout that!

As part of our last adventures with the Prima design team 2011, we were challenges to lift/get inspired by one of the other teammembers. I got Heidi Kelley, which both yielded the reactions WHEE! and EEKS! from me. She’s amazing with mixed media, and one of those fearlessly mixing paint, mist and you name it to create pieces of art.

BlowingKisses

Here’s her layout which was my starting point!

And here’s what I wrote about my layout:

When I think of Heidi Kelley...I think of her little scenes, no matter if it's on a layout or a shadowbox, where she hand cut her photos, staging a whole new stage for her protagonists...and then there's paint, lots of paint, and colors, and usually a whole little mix of flowers....While I had her recent layout "Blowing kisses" as a starting point (her two focal points on the layout are the two clusters, I've mimicked them on mine)...I additionally had her whole style in mind when creating my lift, especially the playful side of her creations, it's like she's carefree and happy when creating, exploring the artsier sides of scrapbooking and painting and art journaling, happily bringing them all together. 
I'll admit..I was terrified...I still am...I like to think I'm handling most styles well, but hers really is one I don't go exploring too often! But once I started...I had fun during the planning stage, thinking....what would Heidi do now....in the end I just had to jump in and get started before I regretted things too much! :D Heidi, I hope you approve!

 

ania_lifts_heidi2

I whipped out my what, 5 year old, maybe more – moulding paste which I’ve used like, three times top….grabbed one of Primas huge array of masks…this time an old one, one really flowery one….added gesso upon the paste when dry then just added stuff on it :)

ania_lifts_heidi3

Here’s the other cluster…love clusters!

I suppose I should have added more flowers to the bottom of the “mound” on the layout, ahwell! It was fun though, having an “excuse” to play with a style I normally don’t explore! :)

0 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Trying things I don’t really master ~~'

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-