banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Happy Leap Year! ~~

Posted by Ania On Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Jacuzzi1
I figured I'd share a recent layout I created. Oh, how I envy my sisters outdoor-all-year-round-jacuzzi! The kids had great fun in the jacuzzi - in minus fifteen degrees celsius! That's 5 degrees fahrenheit to you US peeps!

Jacuzzi2
I decided to do a real snowwy sort of layout. Did you know Maya Road offers lots of different snowflakes? Pictured above are the chipboard one, the white transparent ones, and the awesome vintage wooden ones. And that's not all the snowflakes Maya Road have in their assortment:

Jacuzzi4
On the tags here I used the clear stamp ones as well. They're tucked into the open Kraft-envelope.
Then you have kraft snowflakes, and black transparent ones, and the coaster one, so you can create real big chipboard-snowflakes or a snowflakemini...in short..Maya Road have got lots of great wintery accessories! Speaking of the tags: I tried different approaches to these two seen here: First I stamped the snowflakes w/watermark-stamp, added white fine detail embossing powder to them and embossed the snowflakes onto the tags. Then I sprayed a mix of Popsicle Blue, Earl Gray and Silver Plated Metallic Mist spray onto the top one. The latter made the tag pretty metallic-looking, and the gray spray added shadows to it. For the bottom tag I sprayed Popsicle Blue onto a sponge, added it evenlyish to the tag then smeared white distress stain onto the whole tag, getting a mily white, lovely sheen to the whole tag. I think I really like the latter result the better!

Jacuzzi5
And I adore the new Kraft owls, as well as the larger kraft tickets! I also find the 2012 Kraft Calendar quite handy! It's both informative and pretty-as-an-accessoire at the same time :) Here it's placed upon a whitepainted snowflake-chipboard. Notice the star-pins? I figured purple gemstones in the middle of them would make the whole layout a bit more exciting, breaking with the brown-white-blue colored theme :)

Jacuzzi3
I dabbed some white distress stain on the vintage wooden snowflakes - the whitewashed look added to the vintage feel methinks. The chipboard ones got a coat of white gesso, before adding sugar coating glitter on them. The glitter was then sealed in by a layer of diamond glaze on the top.

Maya Road Supply List:
Maya Mists: Earl Gray, Popsicle Blue, Silver Plated Metallic Mist
Chipboard: Snowflake Chipboard Set, Jonathan Mini Alphabets
Wood: Vintage Wood Snowflakes
Transparent: Let it snowflakes - white,
Kraft: 20120 Kraft Calendar, Kraft Large Ticket Strips - white, Krafty Owls - black, Kraft envelopes - square
Trinkets: Vintage Raspberry beads - clear, Trinket Pins - Stars, Trinket Pins - Crystals, Vintage Paper Roses, Vintage Paper Posies, Gingham Point blossoms - brown & beige
Ribbons: Zipper trim - earl grey, Small organza roses - turquoise, twine - red, burlap trim

Other: Distress stain, gesso, sugar coating glitter, gems from KaiserCraft, doily, diamond glaze, papers from My Little Bicycle, Heidi Swapp heart, Glue Arts adhesives.

Happy Leap Day!

1 lovely comment to '~~ Happy Leap Year! ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-leap-year.html?showComment=1330731953412#c474996284468554886'> 12:45 AM

    This is just gorgeous! I love snowflakes, so this layout really speaks to me! That jacuzzi must really be nice and toasty because I'm not so sure I'd be out there in 5 degree temperatures!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-