banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Maya Road CHA-S; part 3 - the layout edition ~~

Posted by Ania On Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yay! The final instalment of my Maya Road CHA-S stuff; this time – 2 layouts and a DT-canvas…(Caroline makes us create a canvas of ourselves for each CHA – fun! :D This is my third :) ). You can find a minialbum here, some cards and altered projects here and the rest of the minialbums here.

bff1

I adore this layout, if I may say so myself. I’ve been looking at this sheet of gorgeous Prima paper so many times, thinking – no – I’ll save it for a special project, I want to use this as a background….well, I’d say creating for a CHA booth sort of makes this a special project? Or something like that :p

bff5

This is Amalie and her bff. They went to the same kindergarten, and this fall her bff will finally start at the same school as her. They’re both looking forward to it. See the scalloped kraft sheet behind the paper? It’s actually from the scalloped mini album – which comes with both chipboard and kraft pages…figured it’d make a cute backgroundpiece for the photo…and the canvas butterfly fits so well w/the cream linen trim! It’s colored in popsicle blue mist by the way :)

bff8

Love the little burlap bags, but honestly not quite sure how to use them..so just put one here & stuffed it full :p Decorated it too…love the organza tea garden trim in chai…so versatile =) And love that Maya Road offers so many bits and pieces you can put together and embellish stuff with (eloquent, I know…but look…love putting the trinkets together like this… looks so pretty despite me not really being good at such stuff :p) :D

bff3

See the kraft envelope by the way? Tucked leftoverbits of the new tu-tu tulle under it….cute!

bff6

BFF! *smile* And look..even used two trims here!jump1

Love these photos, but they’re sort of hard to match w/papers…but hey, I dug into the old stash and came up w/good old Scenic Route! Added some maya mist to the backgroundpaper (dark cornflower blue, eggplant purple and sunshine yellow) and a few stamps….like the über cool font-ly yours stamp *loves* and the new exclamation stamp I can’t recall what’s called atm *blush*

jump3

Love the look of Kraft and white splashed together…!jump4

I sort of liked the layout when done, then I sort of didn’t like it…now I am a bit undecided….I do like it, but it’s a bit flat…I dunno….? I’m used to more dimension…..nevertheless…happy I whipped out Scenic Route!

ania1

And finally…the DT canvas…

I hate dislike photos of myself. Most of the time, anyways. I know it’s superficial…but it’s just the way I feel….however…when I finally am able to find an angle I like (but I never remember *how* to obtain these “good” angles, blah, making these once in a blue moon shots :p) I don’t mind that much. Like this mirror-self-portrait-photo taken w/hipstamatic.

ania6

For the canvas I used Pink Paislee papers…*love* how they always put on elegant and well-designed collections… oh, and can you see how I adore the ornate vintage butterflies stamps??  Tried doing dots like Karola’s superb at doing….but don’t think it turned out that well here, but ahwell.

ania2

Love creating clusters…and I see the other MR gals do amazing things with the vintage tape measure trims, but I never manage to really use it other than like this…sorta boring…ack..

ania4

And you know white+kraft=lovely colorcombo. Here I embossed the kraft mini tag using the houndstooth singleton stamp.

Oh the the lyrics are from Maria Mena’s beautiful song “All this time (pick-me-up-song)”.

There.

Hope you enjoyed my MR stuff this time around.

:)

4 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Maya Road CHA-S; part 3 - the layout edition ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/07/maya-road-cha-s-part-3-layout-edition.html?showComment=1343241828715#c3869086088319090477'> 8:43 PM

    Hi Ania! I just discovered your blog yesterday (through TwoPeas) and I fell in love! :) I scanned through, pinned a lot of layouts and added your blog to my blog roll!! I'll be back for sure! I love your style! Way to go!! :) Sincerely, Marie

     

  2. Aquarell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/07/maya-road-cha-s-part-3-layout-edition.html?showComment=1343251800939#c4369338628642805973'> 11:30 PM

    Så masse flott du har laget! :)

     

  3. Treesa Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/07/maya-road-cha-s-part-3-layout-edition.html?showComment=1343311929202#c4687092092200449945'> 4:12 PM

    Wow!Love your layouts and those little pockets are cute :) Found your work on twopeas gorgeous! x

     

  4. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/07/maya-road-cha-s-part-3-layout-edition.html?showComment=1343687652600#c7344705313573997963'> 12:34 AM

    Wow! You have been busy! Love the layouts especially the first one. Love that burlap pocket!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-