banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Melting away .. ~~

Posted by Ania On Friday, June 08, 2007

Yes, I'm home, I'm fine and much much better than last time. It's really nice to be able to do things in my own tempo with hubby and kids (well...maybe not so, but..) taking care of me :)
When I read this weeks dare it was so cool - and fit perfectly with Xtines challenge about doing a selfportrait. This is me at the hospitalbed in the middle of the night..*blush*

Since I got home I've scrapped three layouts - all quite different from each others when it comes to style - the above one being one of them. Sometimes I kinda feel a bit schizo. I wish I had one style as long as I like, excelled in it, but whatever. Jack of all trades ain't that bad either (or something like that - you know - be a bit of everything :)) I'm pondering about just doing another "fun" layout before I gotta work on the "serious" ones (I hit the finale in both M-game & Papirgleders liftcup!) - both deadlines aint until next week soooooooo..... :p

Talking about contests -- I WON!!!!!!!!! YAY! I actually won something! *dance* I've been attending LifetimeMoments DW2007-group, doing the calendarchallenges every month and stuff.... Every month I've also been picked as one of the finalists (ten best layouts each month) by the team behind the DW2007 book - and this month it was my turn to top that list! Yay! :D *very excited* I got to pick a prize - anything from Autumn Leaves - I settled for a set of stamps :) :)

Now. My scrappingroom! No, it's NOT finished...bleh..but..

  1. My paperholders are split in 3 locations atm - 2 boxes at the shelf on the wall, couple boxes at the Expedit and another couple at the end of the table. I can't decide which location is better - TBH I prefer to reach DOWN to my papers - aka having the boxes on the floor....but that'd be too messy and stuff... the cardstock at the Expedit is fine...I don't use cardstock that much these days anyways...so they can stay there...but my patterned paper....hmmm.....I kinda predict that by the end of the week all my pp-boxes are either on the floor or on the table.....cause although the shelves are nice for storing these paperboxes it's too high for me to reach for them all the time :p Suggestions? I'm all ears :)
  2. I NEED a better solution for my stamppads...need...need...need! I thought I wanted the Tim Holtz storagebins but I'm not quite sure anymore, I want something prettier..maybe vintage.....woodvintagey.... like..it needs to have little room for all of the stamppads! Same with my acrylpaint!! (If you've got Scrapbooks Etc for May/June, look at page 54! Very cool!)
  3. I need to replace the tablelamp & get a walllamp instead.... and get the cool minilamps installed under the shelves....think it'll be much better!
  4. I have no clue what to store under the cornershelves.....ideas anyone?
But...all in all I'm happy.....and best of all...it was Simens suggestion that I'd use half the table/room for just ME! :D I'll whip up new pictures when I'm more settled....and know what I'll have where..cause atm it's a bit random :p


My PC and scrappingcorner (I wish the printer was smaller - taking so much space)
My whole scrappingcorner - yep - I've got 50% of the room!
(Simen's got the other corner, and Adrian the other end)
Please ignore the boxes........(we just moved :p)
IKEA discountinued these wallthingies (right), so I had to get the new ones (left). Bleh.
Love these! Got 3 and I store random stuff in them - tools, chipboardalpha, alpha, minialbums etc

Hihi..har du lest helt ned hit så får jeg skrive litt norsk her og gitt :)
Joda - er hjemme igjen nå - og det har vært utrolig DEILIG! SLapper av og gjør ting i mitt eget tempo - og legger meg ned med god samvittighet om jeg må. Formen er mye bedre enn sist gang - men joda, dette er jo postop still. Har kost meg med å scrappe litt "for fun" sånn før jeg "må" scrappe finaleLO'ene - har vært så heldig å havne i finalene både til M-game på Minneriket og Liftecup'en på Papirgleder. Yay! Finale betyr finaleoppgaver dog, men de skal ikke leveres inn før neste uke såååååå *drøyer'n* :p

Ellers har jeg vært så heldig - vant faktisk LifetimeMoments DW2007 for mai!!! YAY!!! Fikk velge min egen premie - så jeg valgte et stempelsett fra Autumn Leaves. Håper de er kjappe - gleder meg sånn til å sjekke ut alfabetet jeg valgte meg!!

Og ja - så har jeg lagt til noen bilder fra scrapperommet mitt - jeg har faktisk hele 50% av rommet - helt uten å be om det!! *snill mann* :) Jeg har PC'n min i midten, og så scrappebord resten av veien..... mannen min sitter i det andre hjørnet (ved siden av min PC :) ) og guttungens plass er på den andre enden der igjen :)

Ikke helt ferdig og blabla enda, bl.a funderer jeg på noen oppbevaringsløsninger og det at jeg egentlig foretrekker å se/bla i arkene mine ovenfra og ned liksom - feks ved å ha arkboksene på gulvet... noe som egentlig ikke er noe særlig pent eller noe da sånn etterhvert....menmen.....har dere forslag etc så kom med de!! :) Synes at selv om det meste er ferdig så er det fortsatt en ganske så halvveis løsning jeg har nå - feks plassen på bordhyllene i hjørnet - både over og under - aner ikke hva jeg skal ha der liksom...hmhm...kommer til å rote det stort til snart uansett så...:p MEN! PLASSEN! Den er iallefall ferdig! :)

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Melting away .. ~~'

  1. banglamarie Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2007/06/melting-away.html?showComment=1181341680000#c5124243394341625502'> 12:28 AM

    knallflott layout; beskrivende og flott bilde og lekkert scrappet. Velkommen hjem igjen!!

    Så delig med all den scrappeplassen!! Gratulerer med scrapperom!!

     

  2. Catrine Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2007/06/melting-away.html?showComment=1181371380000#c4397042641419353755'> 8:43 AM

    Nydelig LO! Spennende bilde og bra tekst!
    Gratulerer med scrapperom! Så flott det ser ut! Ja, og grautulerer så mye med med DW og finaleplass i både M og Scrapliftcupen! Vel fortjent alt sammen! Du lager så mye kult! :)
    Kos deg i helga! *klem*

     

  3. tessa Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2007/06/melting-away.html?showComment=1181496180000#c6431827675217600022'> 7:23 PM

    WOW for et scrapperom!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-