banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ PiH’s layoutcontest & Circus ~~

Posted by Ania On Friday, April 02, 2010

I really love the sketches HegeAL makes – so very inspiring (check it out for yourself!) – so it didn’t take me long to whip up this layout for Papir i Hjertets sketch-contest. kontakt

As with the card-contest (see post below), the conditions for this contest – in addition to following the sketch – was to use a sheet of paper thats at least one year old and a non-scrappy item. Well, my 1++ old paper (or rather, transparency – I do hope it’s ok??) was this pink transparency “Grandma’s Wallpaper” which was released for CHA Winter 08 (I’ve had this transparency since fall 08 :) ). So, 1+ year old – check!   kontakt_bit

As for the non-scrappy item – I’ve saved this piece of black burlap from my son’s pants for a good while – probably for a year or so – so I was pretty happy to finally get to use it. PS! Look at my lovely purple nail(s)!! =)

kontakt_cu4

I used the backside & rubbed my fave letter rub-ons from Hambly on it - “Stamped Alphabet”.

Oh, and look at the cute felt flowers from Fancy Pants & bling from Prima :)

kontakt_cu2I only glued three of the edges on it to the layout, allowing it to be used as a pocket for my journaling-tag :) It’s sprayed w/glimmer-mist (duh) and embellished with rub-ons, leftover-transparency & a kraft-sticker.

kontakt_cu1  Played some with transparencies & Kraft-stickers on the top…kontakt_cu3  A closeup of the center of the layout – I like the dimension just folding a sheet of 12x12 cardstock (or patterned paper) instantly gives you – like on this layout I did a while ago.

Hop over to PiH’s blog and join the contest you too – they’re doing the layout & card-contests to celebrate that they’ve been around for three years (a Norwegian b&m- and net-store).

 

Below is some photos from yesterdays trip to the circus. We had great spots– right in front of the middle. Awesome :) The kids loved the whole thing (although – note to self: do not reveal for them what we’re gonna do until like, we’re actually leaving. Did the mistake of telling them about the circus the day before – and they were sooo looking forward to it & letting us know about it all.the.time :p)IMG_5517bwIMG_5599 IMG_5524 I might share some more circus-photos later on, after they’ve been published. I did spot a few nice ones :)

(oh and look – that’s me in the main-photo here – there were some people from BA there too (a large city-paper) – and I’m the one kneeling & you can only see my knees & camera really :p Having to take photos next to the BA-photographer sure made me nervous – he’s one of the really good ones. :p)

 

Tudelidu :)

4 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ PiH’s layoutcontest & Circus ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/04/pihs-layoutcontest-circus.html?showComment=1270214180434#c6606170907512596217'> 3:16 PM

    Ania, you did awesome job with this!! I love this page and the colors!
    And we also were in the circus last weekend! Lots of fun!
    Hugs!

     

  2. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/04/pihs-layoutcontest-circus.html?showComment=1270235783456#c5481780989801857713'> 9:16 PM

    gorgeous layout hun x

     

  3. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/04/pihs-layoutcontest-circus.html?showComment=1270478420048#c7495604833019738699'> 4:40 PM

    Så utrolig stilig LO.
    Og så masse herlig og kreative detaljer!
    KLem Anne

     

  4. Heidi Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/04/pihs-layoutcontest-circus.html?showComment=1270507267246#c8319757039397909969'> 12:41 AM

    SUPER Ania!!!! Digger elefantene....må bare få meg noen slike :)))

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-