banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ All I wish is to dream again ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, July 12, 2010

thelook

Ha.
Just had to scrap this photo of Amalie giving me “the look”. You know, the “I’m oh, so wronged, woe-is-me-pityful”-look.

thelook_cu1

I made this layout for Pink Paislee’s Monochromatic Monday.  My chosen color? Uh, guess :p
Ps. notice the clear bordersticker? Nice & subtle, no? :)

thelook_cu2

There’s something about this particular kind of patterned paper that makes me want to cut out the motifs and use them as embellishments. thelook_cu3I love these flip journal notes, and the preferred way to use them is layering on a cardstock for a more defined border/edge & sewing around.

Materials used:
Pink Paislee: Queen Bee – lots from its collection, glitter alphas in lemonade,
Other: glimmer-mist, bling, cardstock, sewing machine

Also, I made a quick card for yesterdays Pencil-Lines.
My first one with Elle’s Studio after I received the DT-box. It was truly brimming and made me nervous and I had no idea where to start, so I figured I’d start easy w/this PL-card before getting it on with the real DT-assignments for Elle’s :)

ania195 This is one of her Birthday Cut Outs: a sheet full of tags you can cut out yourself.
What I’ve started to realize (it sounds weird, I know), re. Elle’s is the liberating feeling of deciding what kind of patterned paper you want to use wo giving a second thought about manufacturer (yeah I know, Elle’s do have a few smaller paper-pads). But the feeling of being more my own master when it comes to what to use - It’s pretty cool – I have a bunch of old papers giving me bad conscience- maybe I’ll be able to use them more often from now on! Yay! :D

 

(Oh, I know I know – not all manufacturers require their DT to use their stuff only – but most require like 60%-75%-as much as possible – and by then it’s much, much easier to just stick to their stuff all the way when creating DT-stuff)

DSC_1357

Materials used:

Elle’s Studio – Cut Outs: Birthday, Date and Place Strips 
Making Memory – Patterned paper
Hambly Screenprints – various transparencies
Fancy Pants Designs: buttons, grid-paper
Other: Glimmer-mist, sewing machine, Martha Stewart borderpunch

DSC_1358

Have a lovely week! Mine’s full of tough old-fashioned physical work all week :p

 

Title: “Nemo” - Nightwish

5 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ All I wish is to dream again ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-i-wish-is-to-dream-again.html?showComment=1278948786355#c8095851274531250160'> 5:33 PM

    ooo... PRETTY layout!
    You are so talented friend :)

     

  2. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-i-wish-is-to-dream-again.html?showComment=1279022956241#c5766845376898025738'> 2:09 PM

    I just love these! I would love to see the process of how you put together one of your pages one day. How long does it usually take you to make one?

     

  3. Kathy Martin Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-i-wish-is-to-dream-again.html?showComment=1279025349778#c9134710665035393316'> 2:49 PM

    Love these projects! Love the corrugated paper on the card...stylish! :)

     

  4. On my way... Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-i-wish-is-to-dream-again.html?showComment=1279114153399#c3866317669499086750'> 3:29 PM

    Fabulous!!! Adore "The Look" especially, that photo is perfect!!! I've seen it so many times!!!

     

  5. Anonymous Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/07/all-i-wish-is-to-dream-again.html?showComment=1279149175802#c8064037771298236164'> 1:12 AM

    disse papirene er jo helt fantasiske :-) Mye skryt fortjener du, men kort sagt: Inspirerende og aldeles vakkert!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-