banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ A winner–and the reason for me being happy ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, June 18, 2012

First; the winner of the drawing:

winner2

I counted and counted and counted (really oughta figure out how to add numbers on the comments!! Might have to change the blog-template for that though, and I sort of like this one, hmm….)

winner1

Nevertheless, after counting like 6 times I’m fairy sure this commenter is the correct winner!

Congratulations, Patricia! I’ll be dropping you an email shortly, please contact me if you don’t find it anytime soon! And I’ll see about gathering enough opened packages for another drawing…stay tuned…

as1

Now. In my last post I sort of coyly mentioned how happy and humbled I was. This is the reason:

Daw Aung San Suu Kyi. Winner of the Rafto Prize of –90 and the Noble Peace Prize of –91 for her non-violent struggle for democracy in Myanmar. She sat in political house arrest for almost 15 of the 21 years from 89 to 2010.

Some of you might be aware that I work as a journalist, and recently I got the chance to attend a private meeting between Suu Kyi and the Burmese community here in Bergen. Uhm, can you say star struck?? She’s such an amazing heroine, a beautiful, beautiful Lady inside and out. I’m so over the moon…being able to see her this close (front row!), and to witness how she communicates with her people (ok, the meeting was all in burmese, which I did not understand one single word of…but the atmosphere was amazing….and she later spoke in English at the public meeting downtown, giving a speech that gave me goose bumps…).

*wheee!*

 

as2

Am still amazed *sigh*.

2 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ A winner–and the reason for me being happy ~~'

  1. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/06/winnerand-reason-for-me-being-happy.html?showComment=1340033056206#c3503021172385554002'> 5:24 PM

    Wow!!! Skjønner godt at du er "over the moon"!! For en fantastisk mulighet og opplevelse! Gratulerer!

     

  2. Eli Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/06/winnerand-reason-for-me-being-happy.html?showComment=1340086644100#c2499747182828042795'> 8:17 AM

    Flotte bilder! Skjønner godt at dette var en stor opplevelse! Håper på å få høre mer om det en dag :) Klem, E

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-