banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ I've come to let my armour down ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Check out this little project I created for the Fancy Pants blog :)
I've been fascinated by this idea ever since I saw someone make something similar from uh, I think it was a writingpad or something like that..with loose ribbons across it. I think it might have been someone at Sassafras or Pink Paislee?? I never remember to save such great projects I see around for future reference...:/ Anyways. I originally wanted to use the back of a stretched canvas, but didn't have one at home when I finally decided it was about time to make one.... so while searching for an available IKEA shadowbox to use instead in my shelves I noticed my Bind-it-All spiralboxes and how they seemed to be the perfect size and all....and recycling is good eh? :)

This is a quick and easy little project, yet it took me what, three days or more to complete?? (Cutting out papers for the outer side = 1 day....cutting out strips for the inner side = another day...gluing them on the box = yet another day....I'm moving at the pace of a snail these days)

Anyways, I'm quite happy about the result (and about finally having all the hairclips in one place! YAY!) and think this must be such a cool idea for quick bdaygifts to little girls :)

Materials: Fancy Pants "On a Whimsy" - this collection really makes me smile :) :)

Title: "The Sinking Game" - Marit Larsen

5 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ I've come to let my armour down ~~'

  1. Dena Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-come-to-let-my-armour-down.html?showComment=1236115680000#c4096179983114871789'> 10:28 PM

    Shut up Ania!!! This idea is GENIUS! seriously flippin fantastic.

     

  2. tovetyll Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-come-to-let-my-armour-down.html?showComment=1236184560000#c863275936328221042'> 5:36 PM

    yeeeey akkurat det jeg trenger, og har trengt de siste ti årene eller noe, jeg har jo hårspennekaos hjemme, jeg er jo hårspennegal!! ania, min redningskvinne:D:D:D

     

  3. Anonymous Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-come-to-let-my-armour-down.html?showComment=1236287100000#c551826857142427794'> 10:05 PM

    oo ooo oo.. min DT-mamma tillika LSSowner berättade idag att hon bokat in dig och JEn att hålla kurs där.. tjoho! Jag blev jättenervös och känner mig som ett litet barn som ska träffa sin stora idol. Det ska bli jätteskoj!

     

  4. Tracie H Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-come-to-let-my-armour-down.html?showComment=1236388920000#c7305769144289214310'> 2:22 AM

    Im missing you more! :D

    Love the recycling of the BIA packaging - ingenious my friend :D

     

  5. Cari Fennell Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/03/ive-come-to-let-my-armour-down.html?showComment=1236567780000#c3160786270557510361'> 4:03 AM

    hey girlie!! came over to see what you're up to!!! Love it all!!
    -miss you so much!
    Oh and I know that girl in the photo with you--Mari? She gave me lots of fabulous chocolate at CHA--she rocks!!!!!! Tell her I said HI!!!
    xoxo Cari

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-