banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~What’s so amazing about really deep thoughts ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, June 28, 2010

Yesterdays Pencil-Lines’ guest was Tara Rosas. You have to check out her layout – it’s gorgeous!

Here’s my interpretation of the sketch:

ania193My step-father sent me this cellphone-photo of me, Adrian & my beloved niece taken at the airport before we were going home. I knew I had to scrap it :)
I’ve been thinking about me and my…well, not really fear, but…maybe more like, resentment – against being in front of the camera. Because. It’s usually me who’s holding the camera. And when once in a blue moon somebody else actually has a camera/takes my camera…well, I don’t really want to be in front of it even then. I wish I felt more free and had better self-esteem to stand in front of a camera and actually enjoying being there (would help if I was prettier too, bwahaha). Hm. Ahwell. I actually liked this photo, and it made me happy. It’s one of the very few photos with me and my closest in it, sorta, so yay.

ania193_cu I whipped out my Hambly-stash for this one.
I gotta admit - it feels a bit sad not being on the Hambly-team anymore – but hey, I’ve been there for close to two years and it’s been two wonderful, awesome years. I’m so happy, surprised & grateful that they actually kept lil’ me around for that long (thank you Allison & kl!)! :D And now – I still have loads of Hambly-stash to keep me entertained for like, at least two more years or more, so don’t think you haven’t seen the last of me & Hambly-scrapping! :D Big congrats to Larissa & Leena for making the Hambly-team – they’re wonderful to work with, their products rocks (but you knew that already :D) & I’m totally looking forward to see what the fresh blood on this new DT will bring for the next year to come! :)

Enjoy your summer! :)

Ps. The kitchen? Well, I’m happy to say that I at least finished one side/wall ;p And it was a throughout cleaning – all the kitchen-utensils in the closets got cleaned aswell! (yes yes, allow me to be proud of something that’s probably the most natural thing in your world :p) Plus – I washed&scrubbed the floor! Yay me! :p Thanks for your (way too big) faith in me & the encouragements ;)

Ps2. Want to scraplift me? Check out this post at Swe Scrapbook! :) And look at the wonderful lifts their DT did! :D

Title: “Silent All These Years” – Tori Amos

2 intriguing feedbacks to '~~What’s so amazing about really deep thoughts ~~'

  1. Leena Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/06/whats-so-amazing-about-really-deep.html?showComment=1277725819106#c1828986915686615113'> 1:50 PM

    Love your take on the sketch Ania! White space, Hambly and all, it's gorgeous! And thank you for the warm wishes! Tt's really lovely of you. :)

     

  2. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/06/whats-so-amazing-about-really-deep.html?showComment=1277765484165#c4165728327667664173'> 12:51 AM

    Lovely page! Great photo! You do need to be more confident--there is nothing wrong with your looks. Isn't it a good feeling to really clean something well?!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-