Think I'm done - for now anyways.
Things to note/todo:
- Not sure if I like the current way the linkstuff is displayed - plus pondering about trying to trim the # of links...at least it gave me a chance to update some old links and stuff..
- I *think* this format is more heavy on the connection (aka will take some time loading - at least the first time) - which is why I am limiting the number of posts displayed at the frontpage to five at a time plus opted to not have a galleryslider/any blinkies and stuff. Really appreciate feedback from you on this one - does the blog take way too long to load - both first time and the fifth time when you return? Please do let me know so I can evaluate this template (although w/this much time I've put into it atm I don't think I'm gonna swap anytime soon :p)
The comment-section is displayed at the top of the posts now - uh? I *think* I want it where it usually is at - the bottom - but can't figure it out in the html. Anyone knows - feel free to share ;pUM Vin over at the Blog-doctor ROCKS!!! When I couldn't find the right info for my template over at his blog he was so nice&quick to help me out in emails!! YAY!! Thank you so much!!
- I can't seem to edit the way the same comment-thingie is displayed (not at the frontpage at least - but I've customized how it looks inside the singleposts kinda) - I've seen several do so - please share any interesting info you've got if you feel like it.
I miss the customized blogger"bar" at the top - the one allowing you to hit the dashboard / quickpost new posts /quickedit layout and stuff when logged in - not sure how to get it back? Added the dashboard manually at least..but would prefer to have the original thingie on top...Edit: it's intact in the "Layout->page elements"-section, called navbar and it's blue, at least here. Yet it doesn't show on the blog itself. Hm.
Edit2: LOL. I added a metadata-tag at the wrong spot in the html-code and lo and behold, the bloggerbar showed itself. Do not ask me why or how - but guess I'll keep that metatag at the wrong place still...doesn't seem to do any harm anyways :p
I'm so good ;p. Figured this out (so easy, just had to actually look at the file ;p). Is the timer on the slider ok now? You can click on the "stop" next to the image to stop it.
I'd like to add a "follower"-widget, but I don't really want to include who's following and stuff (kinda feels like a pissing-contest to me and it feels a bit awkward to me...or maybe rather embarassing ;p)....I'd love to make it easier for people to follow me if they want to though, so....any ideas? Anyone know the directlink to where to do that kinda - follow someones blog?
Nevermind me again - figured this out. I *think*. Mind testing it for me? (you can unfollow if you want after I guess ;p) Just would like to know that the link I found actually works. Links both on the top of the blog and on one of the the sidebars. It's text-only.
- Suggestions to more stuff to add to the "Useless stuff about me" section? I was originally just thinking sb-related stuff like contact and stuff, in case people missed the top bars ;p
- Anything else I've forgotten? I'd really appreciate feedback here folks ;p
- Any questions welcome too :)
NB! If you are uploading the blog-images to photobucket, make sure you upload them in the largest resolution possible (1024x786px 17" screen) to prevent garbling/problems w/images.
And I just can't post w/o photos so....