banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ I think I am done updating the blog - for tonight anyways ~~

Posted by Ania On Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Hm.

Think I'm done - for now anyways.

Things to note/todo:

  • Not sure if I like the current way the linkstuff is displayed - plus pondering about trying to trim the # of links...at least it gave me a chance to update some old links and stuff..
  • I *think* this format is more heavy on the connection (aka will take some time loading - at least the first time) - which is why I am limiting the number of posts displayed at the frontpage to five at a time plus opted to not have a galleryslider/any blinkies and stuff. Really appreciate feedback from you on this one - does the blog take way too long to load - both first time and the fifth time when you return? Please do let me know so I can evaluate this template (although w/this much time I've put into it atm I don't think I'm gonna swap anytime soon :p)
  • The comment-section is displayed at the top of the posts now - uh? I *think* I want it where it usually is at - the bottom - but can't figure it out in the html. Anyone knows - feel free to share ;p UM Vin over at the Blog-doctor ROCKS!!! When I couldn't find the right info for my template over at his blog he was so nice&quick to help me out in emails!! YAY!! Thank you so much!!
  • I can't seem to edit the way the same comment-thingie is displayed (not at the frontpage at least - but I've customized how it looks inside the singleposts kinda) - I've seen several do so - please share any interesting info you've got if you feel like it.
  • I miss the customized blogger"bar" at the top - the one allowing you to hit the dashboard / quickpost new posts /quickedit layout and stuff when logged in - not sure how to get it back? Added the dashboard manually at least..but would prefer to have the original thingie on top...Edit: it's intact in the "Layout->page elements"-section, called navbar and it's blue, at least here. Yet it doesn't show on the blog itself. Hm.
    Edit2: LOL. I added a metadata-tag at the wrong spot in the html-code and lo and behold, the bloggerbar showed itself. Do not ask me why or how - but guess I'll keep that metatag at the wrong place still...doesn't seem to do any harm anyways :p
  • Need to find out how to edit the timer on the slide on top - prob in the javascript. On the todo-list for tomorrow. It kinda swaps stuffz a bit too fast for me liking....what do you think?
    I'm so good ;p. Figured this out (so easy, just had to actually look at the file ;p). Is the timer on the slider ok now? You can click on the "stop" next to the image to stop it.
  • I'd like to add a "follower"-widget, but I don't really want to include who's following and stuff (kinda feels like a pissing-contest to me and it feels a bit awkward to me...or maybe rather embarassing ;p)....I'd love to make it easier for people to follow me if they want to though, so....any ideas? Anyone know the directlink to where to do that kinda - follow someones blog?
    Nevermind me again - figured this out. I *think*. Mind testing it for me? (you can unfollow if you want after I guess ;p) Just would like to know that the link I found actually works. Links both on the top of the blog and on one of the the sidebars. It's text-only.
  • Suggestions to more stuff to add to the "Useless stuff about me" section? I was originally just thinking sb-related stuff like contact and stuff, in case people missed the top bars ;p
  • Anything else I've forgotten? I'd really appreciate feedback here folks ;p
  • Any questions welcome too :)
And for those wondering: This is a free template called Zinmag Primus 2.0 by FalconHive.com- you can find the template here :) It's a bit of work customizing - but way easier than Zinmag Primus 1.0 which I first downloaded and started tweaking until I found out they released a newer, easier version ;p

NB! If you are uploading the blog-images to photobucket, make sure you upload them in the largest resolution possible (1024x786px 17" screen) to prevent garbling/problems w/images.

And I just can't post w/o photos so....


Just a random everyday photo. Rly.

9 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ I think I am done updating the blog - for tonight anyways ~~'

  1. Ann Hedvig Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241041320000#c4497895218268746342'> 11:42 PM

    Wow, stilig, har du laget alt selv, eller brukt template? Digger ihvertfall layouten, og tipper det har vært mye arbeid :o)

     

  2. Lucy Edson Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241047200000#c3993277546711028010'> 1:20 AM

    I like the new look, Ania. I've been a long time stalker of your blog, since Bad Girls. ;) Love the scrolling banner at the top!


    I don't see the links except when you scroll down - but it may be my screen size. It did load quickly.

     

  3. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241047740000#c5794856951948953565'> 1:29 AM

    Love the new look. I haven't seen one like this yet.

     

  4. Sonja Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241049240000#c4553319607070202394'> 1:54 AM

    Stilig Oppsett og KULT bilde av deg(",)

     

  5. Ann Hedvig Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241076360000#c2252342805141610711'> 9:26 AM

    Laster kjapt og har lagt til som "follower", dette også virker helt fint :o)

    Ha en riktig god helg!

     

  6. tovetyll Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241081280000#c926685723152057138'> 10:48 AM

    oi, kult!! jeg skjønte egentlig ingenting av det her, men det så fancy ut!! enig med de andre, den som scroller på toppen var tøff! hell og lykke med ny blogdesign**

     

  7. Anette S Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241086260000#c3340712888570952545'> 12:11 PM

    Wow, så stilg bloggen ble! Digger den delen som skifter mellom ulike sider og bilder oppe! Kjempekul! Jeg er alt for lat til å begi meg utpå en så avansert template! Hi hi!
    Savnet deg på tirsdag!
    Klem

     

  8. Anonymous Said,
    http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1241135220000#c3085810660739895238'> 1:47 AM

    Doesn't take long to load. Love the top thing-y. Bises, D

     

  9. http://aniia.blogspot.com/2009/04/i-think-i-am-done-updating-blog-for.html?showComment=1242556140000#c2615688946520603987'> 12:29 PM

    love teh new look blog , have the same template downloaded, but having huge problems uplaoding it :( it wont fit properly!
    Have a lovely weekend hun
    xx

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-