I've got like, everything and nothing to say atm, so here's a bulletstyle list w/various information:
- My friend Anam Stubbington and her family are struggling w/legal matters in order to get to stay in Canada (they're originally from the UK but have made a life for themselves in Canada and would like nothing more but to stay). Basically it boils down to having the money for all the papers needed to become permanent residents, and in order to raise enough several friends and aquitances have come together to show support by offering items or services to be auctioned off for this cause. You can see the sticky post here, and among the auctioned services are having a layout created for you by several amazing scrapbookers...and me.. (see above photocollage of the contributing scrapbookers) The minimum bid is 5$ + shipping of the final layout.
To Norwegians who'd like to consider having a layout scrapped by me: Hvis dette er noe du kunne tenke deg - støtte en god sak & få bildet ditt scrappet av en annen en annen enn deg selv - så kan jeg f.eks. ta med meg layouten til Papirfesten i Stavanger i oktober (for å spare porto) eller hvis du bor i Bergen eller omegn kan vi sikkert finne frem til en løsning ang. overrekkelsen av LO'en.
Anyways - do check out the complete list of auctionitems - lots of awesome stuff - jewelleries, classes, gift certificates and more - not necessarily scrapbook-related.
- Fancy Pants Designs are having another contest - "Back to School", where there will be one selected winner and one random winner. Unfortunately only open to US residents.
- Hambly Screenprints are having a limited ed. sale on their new designs! Every time Hambly prints new designs they print them in various colors/combos before finally settling on a few colors for mass production - leaving the rest of the non-used colors "limited ed" :) (at least that's how I understood it). Also, the DT-galleries are updated :)
- I'm starting in a new job on Tuesday!! :)
Been jobhunting for two weeks now (but it feels much much longer because I've been preparing for the actual jobhunting for weeks prior) and am happy to finally get to actually do something sensible ;p I am nervous and anxious but also very optimistic about this...yay :) The job is as a photographer at the local newspaper, and it's only a 15-20min walk from home..meaning I really should be using my legs more and stuff.....if only it wouldn't rain so darn much atm *cough* *cough* (and if anyone would like to have a look - here's my portfolio)
- I love having scrapbook-friends over....especially the kind who comes over just to help me tidy up & properly organize the scrapbook-room...really!!! *thanks you know who you are ;p* I guess I should snap a photo before it gets messier again, but 1. we still have like 20% of the room left 2. I think I might have messied up at least my table and stuff already *eeks*....but it's only because Im in the middle of a project!! Promise!!
- Looking through my Lightroom I realize I haven't been taking any photos the last few weeks but the assigned ones/photos of layouts and projects...so I promptly snapped this one by the little one....it's a well-known expression of hers these days...the pout-face..
And then I looked through photos from this summer and found some I haven't shared here before..from the first wedding of the summer..
Love this one - who needs languages when you got a DS and bodylanguage?? (Adrian with the french kid)
Have a nice weekend :)