banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ did I say that I need you? ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Woah. The last few weeks has been a bit of a whirlwind blogwise with all these tutorials (thanks for the awesome response to these by the way :) ). Time to sit down and just breathe and start looking forward.

But first – I guess I need to share the things that didn’t get shared while the tutorials were taking place.

 

summertime This was created for the productspotlight on Rusted Sun glitter cuts. It’s a quite simple layout – usually I’m not too fond of patterned papers that sort of dictates how the page will look like, but it worked splendidly here. I sprayed Jazz Blue, Graphite and Gold glimmer mist all over the page before adding my photos, glitter cut (up top), rub-ons (on the side to the right) and a label from the new Tags and titles tag-book – all from the Rusted Sun collection from Fancy Pants Designs. Oh, and a miniheart from the Element Sticker-sheet. Random photos from the summerplace. Oh, how I long for sun & summer!

vinteren2010_w

Another layout for Fancy Pants Designs, with the wonderful winter collection “Frosted”. Love this collection so much – the colors, the patterns…ah…swoon :) Also added some Glimmer Glass from Tattered Angels - “Frosted Memories” – sprayed with some more Jazz Blue glimmer-mist. Did I mention that March = blog-relay with Tattered Angels? That’s why most of my Fancy Pants stuff this month utilizes their products too. Although – I didn’t need much encouragement using their stuff, especially the glimmer-mist. Love to use it pretty much all the time – just a bit more subtly. Oh, and the theme of this layout is – if you’ve guessed it – how this winter has affected our bathroom-floor :p

vinteren2010

No room for journaling = add hidden journaling! This time a Frosted-sticker was adhered to a piece of cardstock & tucked behind the designated area (notice how I didn’t sew in the pocket so that I could slide my journaling in & out). Marked it with small buttons too. I’m soooo clever (ha ha ha).

 

sketch I hosted the Sunday Sketch over at the Pink Paislee last Sunday – featuring Skissedilla (Happy Birthday Skissedilla!) & a sketch by HegeAL (see below).

See that piccie? That’s me. In high heels. ♥ And the reflection of me and Amalie (taken against the glass-windows at Grieghallen. No, Amalie is not at a leash. She’s just pulling my jacket-belt. That lil bugger :p)

#31 Isn’t such a lovely sketch? :) As mentioned, Skissedilla is now one year old – congrats on the feat, Skissedilla! :)

sketch_cu1

I used Bayberry Cottage along with paint. Yum! Love. Paint! :) sketch_cu2 Used a lot of stuff from the collection – cork buttons, rub-ons, clear borders ..

ania179 Finally – last Pencil-Lines sketch - #179 guested by Tara Orr who also provided the sketch. White cardstock, glimmer-mist (yeah yeah – Jazz Blue and Pink Bubblegum this time – I promise – I do have a lot of other colors too, I just lovelovelove Jazz Blue/Patina!) and lots of Hambly yumminess, along with a tucked piece of a Making Memories noteworthy-thingie.

 

Mkay. That’s what I had to share for now. Now – dinner, cuddling sick girl (who’s much better now though) and trying to update my photography-portfolio. Last weekends workshop on external flash was great and enlightening – and expensive – I’m now impatiently waiting for reflectors & softboxes from ebay and pondering how to get enough money for a second external flash & more important, PocketWizards. Sigh. (How come on all the workshops I’ve been at until now they’re always making a point about me being a press-photographer when commenting my style/photos. I think that’s a good thing. I know I am a nice one, not as intrusive as I’ve seen some behave! It’s fun though, as long as I believe they’re saying that as a good thing. I hope.)

 

Title: “Just Breathe” – Pearl Jam

6 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ did I say that I need you? ~~'

  1. HegeAL Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269365921552#c2648161523692364418'> 6:38 PM

    Digger løsningen på skissa, Ania!!! Og er så stolt over at du valgte en av mine! Kjempearti å se innlegget på pink paislee!!
    Håper alt står bra til med deg og dine!

    -klem-

     

  2. Ann Cicilie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269369620287#c1918634161145142433'> 7:40 PM

    Flotte layouts du har laget, synes du har en genial og særegen stil. Alltid spennende å se hva du kommer opp med!

     

  3. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269379849202#c2837197260937246142'> 10:30 PM

    Wow! Look at all of that color!!! Spring is here!

     

  4. Scrapamum Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269403063217#c7557211377578150056'> 4:57 AM

    Fabulous layouts! I always enjoy your work!!!

     

  5. Wati Basri Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269439741426#c3325433006710370544'> 3:09 PM

    oh wow...so inspiring as usual... :)

     

  6. Rachel Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2010/03/did-i-say-that-i-need-you.html?showComment=1269874828846#c5325590259567867661'> 5:00 PM

    OMG .. where have been for all those tutorials ... will have to check em out! In the meantime girl ... AWESOME WORK AS ALWAYS! HUGS

    Rach :)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-