banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Guest-designer: Mission to Create ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, April 18, 2011

soontime

When the ladies at the bi-weekly challenge-site Mission to Create asked me to participate in their challenges as a guest-designer, I gladly accepted. The concept is that each lady, including the guest-designer (aka me in this instance), picks one concept each, and together all (five) concepts yields one challenge. And to take part in the challenge you can chose whether to include at least three of the concepts, or all five – in your layout.

My concept was to get inspired by this image:

8234944_1xExA0eg_c

I found it on Etsy - it’s a print from this seller, who turned out to be a scrapbooker herself when I asked for permission to use her image as my inspiration-piece. Now that was amusing! Here’s her shop for those curious – she offers a wide range of prints w/quotes in many different colors and themes.

Anyways – this print was my concept to the ladies – to take the print and be inspired by the text, the colors, the letters or in whatever way the print inspires you.

The other concepts were:

D- make a list as part of your journaling
J- Primary colors
N- Use a journalling card
V- Use a mini calendar

Personally, although I could decide to only do three of the concepts, I’m not one to not really do a challenge sorta – so I had to do them all ;p

soontime_cu1

From the inspiration-image I chose to go for a title that was just as colorful+broken down word by word. The title’s placed on a mini-calendar from Crate Paper’s Portrait-collection – here: the 6x6” paper-pads. I also added a calendar-tag from Elle’s Studio, as well as several other tags from Elle’s.

soontime_cu2

I also pretty much stuck to using primary-colors on my layout..oh, and I just have to mention how much I love these mini-scalloped scissors! This one’s from Fiskars :)

soontime_cu3

And here’s me using list + journaling-card.

Materials used: Papers from both Pink Paislee (Old School – papers + stickers) + Crate Paper (Portrait+ School Spirit-chipboard), tags from Elle’s Studio and some of the letters are from American Craft. The layout is about my daughter on her pre-school-day.

Hop on over and join the challenge you too –it sure would be awesome if you did! Feel free to let me know if you did, too! :)

4 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Guest-designer: Mission to Create ~~'

  1. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-designer-mission-to-create.html?showComment=1303128888788#c1536657204771062173'> 2:14 PM

    næææh, så fargerik og herlig en LO...takk for titten, ha ei heeerlig påske du og dine

     

  2. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-designer-mission-to-create.html?showComment=1303147804399#c6863336778510685508'> 7:30 PM

    What a beautiful page!! Congrats on your guest design gig!

     

  3. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-designer-mission-to-create.html?showComment=1303174563941#c8741372024234681580'> 2:56 AM

    Thank you SO much for being out GDT this week!! I love your page and all the little details!

     

  4. Kathy Martin Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/04/guest-designer-mission-to-create.html?showComment=1303214397636#c8315398965368453522'> 1:59 PM

    Turned out fabulously!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-