banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Off to play with the big boys ~~

Posted by Ania On Sunday, May 15, 2011

play

My boss recently quit his job as an executive editor to become the boss of all the executive editors of the hm, four or five local newspapers around here. I guess you can say he got promoted sort of.

Hence – the title of the card – “off to play with the big boys”, cause that’s exactly what he’s going to do..

I was asked to make a card on behalf of the coworkers, to which I happily obliged. You can say there’s quite a bit of hidden symbolism on this card..it’s very personalized so to speak..

play1

First of all, I love the wooden buttons that’s in the buttoncollections from Crate Paper. The card is created with Crate Paper’s Toy Box by the way – buttons, ribbon, papers and chipboards. Plastic butterfly-charms from Maya Road, letters from AdornIt and Pink Paislee. Bakers twine + doily as additional props.

play2

I’m gonna miss the boss.

I recently interviewed a lady who said “Your first workexperience is instrumental in shaping who you’ll

be(come)” – or something to that extent. I believe she’s right.

I remember vividly my first meeting with the boss. I remember the enthusiasm I was greeted with – an enthusiasm that was geared towards me, and what I was proposing. It really made a deep impression on me. Someone who really believed in me and what I could do? Wow.

play3

I really like this technique – folding a smaller card inside the larger one. It yields a sort of very thoughtful touch to the card.. for very little effort..

Right. I’m working this weekend, but after a few quite stressful days earlier this week I’m quite delighted that both Friday and Saturday has been sort of quiet and peaceful compared. Friday was a pretty weird day I must say, being the boss’ last day at work and all.

Ps. I got to use the 70-200mm on some kids riding bikes and stuff Friday evening, it was quite fun actually (and hard still)..got so much to learn, yet…happy I get to practice stuff every now and then :)

Also practiced the panning-technique, yay. I so admire those really understanding how to do sports-photography!

4 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Off to play with the big boys ~~'

  1. Sasha Farina Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-to-play-with-big-boys.html?showComment=1305458898315#c6316910173075596127'> 1:28 PM

    lucky boss!! love that card!

     

  2. Nati Tristan Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-to-play-with-big-boys.html?showComment=1305474936367#c2389762520337021856'> 5:55 PM

    That's very very cute!

     

  3. banglamarie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-to-play-with-big-boys.html?showComment=1305536481065#c5380302455307074901'> 11:01 AM

    Lekkert kort! :o)

     

  4. Kathy Martin Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-to-play-with-big-boys.html?showComment=1305546100327#c7632552535134635332'> 1:41 PM

    One cool card! Love all your accents!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-