banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Altered chocolates & oh gong xi fa cai :) ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, January 31, 2012
anna1
I visited three awfully cute children the other day (oxymoron, isnt…awful in combination w/cute?), and just had to bring them chocolate. And as I had some time for preparation, I looked to my messy desk & found some scraps and bits and pieces to decorate the chocolate.
anna2
The polka dot paper seen here is from October Afternoon, while the flowered paper is from Crate (one of my fave sheets from them…sigh…only have about one sheet left, boo!)…got a new shipment of doilies, so now I’ve started using doilies again (I was almost out of doilies! eeks!). Pins and flowers found on my desk, the large flower is from Prima (I think it’s an old one, but it might very well be one of the new ones too…I’m not quite sure….it looks pretty though..like a fairy sorta)….the smaller are some white ones from Kort & Godt which I colored w/gold mist..oh and I ordered some bakers twine from The Twinery the other day, the {I love you sampler pack}..it looked like a nice assortment of colors and I’ve seen so much praise about their twine..and I have to say I was positively surprised – pretty pretty colors and it’s thicker and “fuller” than the other bakers twine I have (from some etsy-store)…sweet! And addictive, eeks!
johan
I have so many cute chipboard pieces from Crate Paper that I really need to just start using! So I did =)
kristin
This paper is from Crate Paper, as well as the chipboards. The stamped letters were made with the new Prima press by the way, love mine!! So fun and easy to use :)
_DSC8159
Gong xi fa cai!
Apparently it’s Mandarin for Happy New Year (or well, prosperous new year?).
Thanks to reading about Leena Loh’s preparations and excitement about the Chinese New Year (did you know we’re now into the year of Dragon? I guess you do, even here in Norway the papers have had bits and pieces on the Chinese NY and how this year is a powerful one and stuff…after the NY actually started..and you’d definitely know if you play WoW (think – the annual Lunar festival)) a while ago on her blog (this was the initial post that sparked the idea to see if I could do something on it…well worth the read & her whole blog is so pretty – from pretty photographs to lots of creative bits and pieces and inspiration, tip and great ideas), I got inspired and was able to invite myself to someone locally who’d celebrate that event so I could write about it in the newspaper I work for. And take pretty pictures. And (most important!) sample some of the amazing Chinese cuisine. Real homemade Chinese food! Tasted amazing, in case you wondered. Whee! Thanks Leena! :D

2 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Altered chocolates & oh gong xi fa cai :) ~~'

  1. Fabrise Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/01/altered-chocolates-oh-gong-xi-fa-cai.html?showComment=1328057493219#c41531417892366285'> 1:51 AM

    So beautiful, I love it!
    Kisses

     

  2. Leena Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/01/altered-chocolates-oh-gong-xi-fa-cai.html?showComment=1328800448473#c4705740357446836189'> 4:14 PM

    Ania, these altered chocolate packages are absolutely lovely!! I love that you personalized each of them for the 3 kiddos. Oh oh............. that picture of the yummy dishes, i know the one in the centre!! Is that sweet & sour pork? Hahahahaha! I love that dish to bits! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. :)

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-