banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Trying to become friends with the flash ~~

Posted by Ania On Sunday, September 23, 2012

_DSC6492

Love the things external flash can do, wish I knew more about this stuff. So instead of wishing for better equipment as I usually do I decided I probably needed to get to know what I have. So pulled the sb-600 away from the TTL & just messed around w/manual power stuff. Shrug. I don’t know this stuff, I just mess around until I find something which looks somewhat okay-ish. Even though I’m sure people who knows this stuff will just say it looks so flash-y…but whatevs..

_DSC6494

Being used to not using flash at.all. I welcome this change in style. So there.

Had a family dinner last night and figured I wanted a group photo of the younglings…forced’em all out in the dusk and did my best to get all seven to cooperate…

_DSC6496

Needless to say..it was NOT easy…the kids were racing roaming the street while waiting for everybody to come outside, and when I finally got’em gathered they just yearned to go back to racing roaming…

_DSC6498

Then I worried about getting everybody somewhat in focus…and too small aperture vs available light and too high ISO and spreading the flash evenly out and have it blend in somewhat and stuff..but I think…..guess it turned out fine-ish.

_DSC6499

Still couldn’t get everybody to like, pose at the same time…but I guess that’s part of the charm w/these photos…

_DSC6501

I mean..their attention-span is random, goldfish-ish and so not coordinated…_DSC6506

But again..it’s ok….cause…at least I got them all within the same frame and stuff…guess that’s the important part..

2 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Trying to become friends with the flash ~~'

  1. Aquarell Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/09/trying-to-become-friends-with-flash.html?showComment=1348402268642#c6337818249381972906'> 2:11 PM

    Herlige bilder! Kjenner til det med å få alle til å se samme vei samtidig, det er ikke lett... :)

     

  2. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/09/trying-to-become-friends-with-flash.html?showComment=1349304154106#c9132226494462494101'> 12:42 AM

    Looks good to me!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-