banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Gotta love weddings ~~

Posted by Ania On Sunday, October 07, 2012

_DSC6859

So, just spent a wonderful weekend with my family in Oslo…including my sister dearest (as seen above)._DSC6877

 

We attended my cousins’ wedding (who hosted the party at Fruene Haugestad, a lovely old manorstyle-house), with lots of amazing food, like this starter seen above, followed by two main dishes

 

_DSC7028

and then this incredible little cake (strawberry-pistachioscream-cake) made by Condelica (and, apparently, the same dude who made the princess Martha Louises’ wedding cake..and whose a grandchild of an old friend of my grandma..cool…nevertheless….the food..was simply amazing).

My cousin and his bride were both gorgeous and as happy as can be..and I’ll admit..lots of (happy) tears were shed (I oughta bring proper handkerchieves next time)..all in all..a joyous time spent w/family!

_DSC7210

Am especially happy and grateful to spend some time w/grandma…love her so, so dearly…

weddingbox1

And not to forget…wedding = a great excuse to decorate gifts and cards!

Also took some images of the guests for the couple, so I’m looking forward to decorate a cd-album for that too! :)

weddingbox2

Love the mix of Prima-bling and enamel accents…

weddingbox3

And this heart shape..I’ll admit I was gonna put it in my give away scrapbox because I had no idea what to do with it…turns out I just needed to not be too limited by the heart as it was (w/heart shape & flowers on the bottom) – but instead cut out the flowers for another project, and use the “skeleton” on a project like this…I think it worked swell..the huge flower was also another item I didn’t think I’d actually use, but it fit perfectly for a project like this!

weddingbox4

And the gift..love finding and giving away personalized gifts..this one’s a favorite of mine, have used the same artist twice before you see…love her vision and touches…The Brick Kiln. And if you ask nicely, she’ll ship internationally (just beware it’ll take longer time+be more costy when it comes to the shipping..but it’s worth it :) ).

 

ingrid jon1

Originally I figured I didn’t need a card when having an unique gift wrapping…but when the date started to draw close I couldn't ignore the itch to create a card to go with the gift after all :p

I used different Prima papers (Romantique, songbird and almanac)…

ingrid jon2

And embellishments from Hambly Screenprints, Prima and Maya Road.

Right! Looks like a rough week ahead w/lots to do at work…will try sneak in some time scrapping & editing still! :)

1 lovely comment to '~~ Gotta love weddings ~~'

  1. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/10/gotta-love-weddings.html?showComment=1349910020770#c2008131815130603397'> 1:00 AM

    Beautiful card, box and photos!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-