banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Moar weddings ~la ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, October 15, 2012

So.

I wasn’t really sure whether I was allowed to share images from my cousin’s wedding, but I just got the green light so here we go. Loads of photos :)

_DSC6613-copy

I attended this wedding as a guest, so I just snuck in a photo or two whenever, & just focused on enjoying the ceremony/party. Also, I didn’t sit close to the aisle so I didn’t get any photos from there, but I don’t mind… while everybody was busy looking for the bride I figured I’d check how the groom was doin’ =)

_DSC6621-copy

See the light from the windows btw? Very gorgeous & attributed to the atmosphere – but for a photographer it pretty much sucked..unless you enjoy working with multiple layers of different exposures & lots of time editing you’re bound to get extreme contrasts & either overblown/shadowry dark areas…remember external flash usually isn’t allowed in wedding ceremonies :p (know of handy tricks for such situations? Feel free to share!)

_DSC6664

Love the gorgeous bolero she wore outdoors. Really added to the old school glam factor!

_DSC6670-copy

Their girls were adorable…loved their coats, I want one in my size!
(Which by the way reminds me I have my eyes set on this rain coat from Paola…pretty pricy but I’m a sucker for good causes/intentions so this’ll be mine come next weekend!)

_DSC6684-copy

So glam!

_DSC6708-copy

So, I took a few reception photos of all the guests…hi auntie+uncle!

_DSC6722-copy

The bride’s parents…they looked very Golden Age-Hollywod :)

_DSC6742-copy

Oy, that’s my mom + stepdad :) *wave*

_DSC6873

Loved how they held hands in the beginning, when welcoming everybody…

_DSC6910

And gosh. So dapper that cousin of mine, don’t ya think?

_DSC6934-copy

Grandma <3

_DSC6944-copy

Love her gesture..

_DSC6957-copy

More grandma :)

_DSC7034-copy

We were also treated with this jazz-y performance by this family ensemble (including the bride’s father). Very longue-like (I suppose? I dunno – I just know I enjoyed the music :p)

_DSC7041-copy

See. Father of the bride himself :)

_DSC7119-copy

This is becoming a tradition in the family – the tree + light of hearts…it’s quite sweet actually.

_DSC7137a

First Dance!

_DSC7156

And a little kiss to seal that dance..

_DSC7245

Umm. 3200 iso. Noticeable noise, and the details won’t be fine full size. Still, I think it’s a pretty amazing feat of the camera performing like this!

_DSC7275-copy

When photographing weddings I’m mostly for not using the flash. Personally I feel like the flash is like, an intruding element on such moments like this. Still, I do see the advantages of using flash for capturing such late night stuff more crispy & better. It’s not very evident here in websized photos, but becomes very clear for fullscale images. Hm. Or i can continue dream about a D4 (but hey, I’ll settle for a D3s, I’m not that picky ;p)

Oh and btw? This cake? Am so, so regretting only having one piece of it!! :’(
I was gonna get more then got occupied then it was time to leave so no moar cake! ><

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Moar weddings ~la ~~'

  1. banglamarie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/10/moar-weddings-la.html?showComment=1350325796785#c517337451864292308'> 8:29 PM

    Så mange fine bilder!
    Heldige dem som har hatt deg til fotograf :)

     

  2. Aquarell Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/10/moar-weddings-la.html?showComment=1350410294063#c4686017080842228034'> 7:58 PM

    For et nydelig bryllup. Og så masse flotte bilder! :)

     

  3. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/10/moar-weddings-la.html?showComment=1350601892940#c3869390281457539812'> 1:11 AM

    Beautiful photos! I love that heart of lights! I've never seen that before.

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-