banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ I {heart} boxes ~~

Posted by Ania On Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mkay. I love boxes. Plain & simple.

ania_box1

I'm not sure what it is, but when I get my hands on a sturdy, nicely sized cardboard box, like a perfume-box, it just feels wrong to throw it away (even though it'd go to the recycle/paper bin).

before

Take this box, previously holding  3.4 oz of lovely Eau De Parfum (She Wood..one of my faves along with Flowerbomb...but I digress).... I figured I'd put this box to good 2nd use, finding some matching patterned paper for the solid pink-peachy color of the cardboard, and a few Maya Road-embellishments to go...

 

ania_box2

Like creating a small but effective cluster next to a big heart covering almost the whole box. And oh, you can never go wrong with heart shaped linen! In this case a little bit of color was added by spraying some Maya Mist (dragonfruit pink & sunflower yellow washed out w/buttermilk cream).

 

ania_box4

The cluster started with a tucked in kraft snowflake behind the new Afternoon Tea blossoms in carnation... which in turn was embellished with a scrap of Scallop Chiffon & Tulle Trim and Antique Jeweled Pearl Pendant and a piece of celery green Twine Cording.

ania_box3

On the other side: The lucky number seven (which's this years big birthday number) labeled with the help of some trim adorning a bottle cap and a starburst of different slices of patterned papers...

 

I made this box for the Maya Road blog, which you can see here.

 

Right.

Not sure where to start. Had an amazing but really intensive educational week in Fredrikstad last week. Came straight back to work this past weekend, and I feel like I haven’t been able to catch my breath yet (how long since I actually did that?). So many things I need to check off – both workwise, freelancewise and personal. My main problem? I work too slow, too meticulous, too hung up in stupid unimportant details when I should be looking at the big picture, am too scatterbrained and take too many unnecessarily breaks in between, like now, writing this blogpost. Sigh.

Here’s to an extended upcoming weekend where I’ll do NOTHING (yeah right..how to make the brain stop turning the wheels when you’re supposed to just relax?)– as long as I survive this week…:)

1 lovely comment to '~~ I {heart} boxes ~~'

  1. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-heart-boxes.html?showComment=1366156519274#c536470640516294154'> 1:55 AM

    Absolutely stunning.
    I love the artistic yet feminine feel of it all!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-