banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ Honey, honey… ~~

Posted by Ania On Monday, August 06, 2012

It was my turn to write on the Maya Road blog, and here’s what I created…

jar1
I jazzed up a plain jar containing Sea Salt & Honey Caramel Ice Cream Sauce (it’s so so good…you just gotta try it…!! And so simple to make too!). And as it was a gift for a colleague, I had to dress it up, using various Maya Road embellishments (I’m lazy when it comes to myself though haha).

jar4

I also created a card to go with it…originally I wanted to do lots of tags together, in the way Tara Anderson is so fab at doing….but when I had this vellum envelope created I figured it was thick enough (it’s filled with confetti, buttons and punched out butterflies) to just be attached to a card base :p

 

jar2

I’ve recently discovered that you can use liquid pearls on chipboards like the frame on the hexagon chipboard. It yields such an amazing, lovely effect unlike much other I’ve found. I must be the last person on earth to learn this I am sure (I’ve only used liquid pearls to create dots sorta).

And YAY! I got to use the good old Queen Bee collection from Pink Paislee! It was one of my old favorites, but I did have a hard time finding situations that sort of fit the collection…but now….whee…. and oh, I believe Pink Paislee was one of the very first to incorporate the hexagon trend in scrapbooking…? It didn’t really take off until two or three seasons after this collection came out methinks.

And LOOK! 7gypsies vintage typewriterthingies!! Oldie but goldie..I’ve been saving them for so so long…..but really….it’s no use to you if it’s just sittin sad on your desk now, is it? (I’m tryin to tell that to myself…)

 

Now..here’s more images of this project…

jar3

Love the new tu-tu tulle from MR…

jar5

The yellow one here is from AC though methinks..got it in a SC kit once, so not quite sure which manuf it is…. and oh, I LOVE the canvas butterflies from Prima….love love… here it’s dressed up in chalkboard mist in peacock & decorated w/a strand of pearls

jar6

More vintage 7gypsies typewriter stuff! Loves!

jar7

Love the trend on confetti too….the vellum and the “jar” are from American Crafts by the way…

 

Maya Road supplies used:
Hexagon chipboard set
Clementine Orange twine cording
Celery Green twine cording
Ornate Vintage Butterfly stamps
Tu-tu tulle in vintage beige
velvet pleat in brown

3 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ Honey, honey… ~~'

  1. Aquarell Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/honey-honey.html?showComment=1344274814148#c5275139881398026040'> 7:40 PM

    Dette ble kjempefint! Sikkert en flott gave å motta. :)
    Har også en del gamle skatter som jeg bare "må" spare til akkurat det perfekte prosjektet... Men nå har jeg begynt å bruke av alt stæsjet, så noe godt kommer det ut av dagbok-prosjektet mitt... ;)

     

  2. rosemary Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/honey-honey.html?showComment=1344666527638#c2933260464956797075'> 8:28 AM

    Always love your jar decor-- rustic with a bit of romantic in it. (Btw you had me singing Archies Sugar, Sugar with your title haha)

     

  3. Anonymous Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2012/08/honey-honey.html?showComment=1346237386475#c6471764744407583130'> 12:49 PM

    so sweet
    xoxo

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-