banner
Get off the cross we need the wood

About Me

Maybe-not-really-20-something-anymore from Norway who likes to scrapbook and take photos documentarystyle and dreams of photojournalism when not working as a photojournalist and that's pretty much what this blog is about. And I like it this way.



My Scrapbooking

Been scrapbooking since late fall 2005. Currently fortunate enough to be a part of the design teams for Hambly Screenprints, Fancy Pants Designs and Pencil-Lines. ♥



2/2

~~ My precious.. ~~

Posted by Ania On Thursday, January 27, 2011

Upon receiving Crate Papers gorgeous Portrait-collection, I immediately knew I just had to use this to scrap my pictures of my beautiful nephew, Kasper Milan, who was born in November last year.

It’s truly a classical, sophisticated collection with a hint of romantic vintage. And as you can see – apart from a few of the stickers and chipboard, it’s not that themey at all. It’ll work swell with photography-themed projects as well, and I already have a few ideas for my next projects with this collection.

And look at my nephew….*sigh* I miss him so much…the hardest part of not living close to your immediate family (at my side anyways) is missing out on so much when it comes to the children..

Now, the turquoise flower used here is a die cut from the collection pack (if I am not too mistaken) – it’s in cardstock-quality. However, the same die cut is also available as chipboard if you buy the chipboard-sheet. The “Love” sticker is taken from the alpha labels, which feature two different kind of letters plus a number of phrase-labels and stickers. It’s adhered to one of the red papers and cut out with my scalloped Fiskars scissors (I love doing this with stickers and die cuts). The yellow thing on the top is just a leftover after using the yellow border on the layout – it was one scallop too long for my taste Smile with tongue outOh, and Crate is doing buttons too by the way :)

 

This flap was created from one of the larger squares from the accent cuts, folded in half.

Love the gentle touch the ribbon gives this photo, and um, look, fabulous wooden buttons!!

Have a closer look, will ya? :)
(yes, I know, one is upside-down, didn’t see it until I was done and I was like, bleh, lazy, done! Smile with tongue out)

kasper_cu3

Here the folder is opened – another image of Kasper and some journaling :) The yellow background is a sheet of the 6x6” paperpads, which shrinks the patterns perfectly.

One of the papers has the most amazing black and greyish pattern on one side (it’s used as the darker paper in one of the layers for this layout – you can see the scalloped end of it here in the peek), and a calendar on the opposite side. I used “November”, adding the due date and the actual birthdate on it.

I also love the monthly + yellow scalloped borderstickers used here..

 

Thanks for allowing me to share (and thanks to Eli for letting me borrow her camera so I could take these images in time for the Crate blog presentation seen here, as my babies were away for the clean&check thingie. They are home now :p).

 

Heather (goldiecar) Said,

8:24 PM

I think that the Sasafrass Deer is the cutest thing I've seen!! Makes me want to break out mine and play!!
PS. The other cards are amazing!

Thank you! Do break it out, I am trying to cull my stash here but it’s an impossible task because I am way too attached to all the papers and the stuff that I have, having no to little desire to part with most of it – so I am at least trying to use what I do have…even though it’s hard I must admit… *sigh*

 

ParentesFantomet Said,

10:14 AM

Kule kort!
Forresten, hvor leverer du kameraene til rensing og sjekk? Mulig jeg burde få mitt sjekka og da hadde det vært fint med et lite tips ;)
Ha en fiiin dag

Har jo Nikon-utstyr, og er så heldig at Nikon-reparasjonssenteret ligger på Åsane i Bergen, rett ved IKEA…..noe som gjorde det dyrt for meg siden jeg “måtte” innom der både ved levering & henting..kremt…men jeg trengte de tingene jeg shoppa, da! De tok tidligere imot Canon, men sjekker/reparerer ikke for dem nå lenger. Vil tro at de største fotoforretningene også tar imot sånt, iallefall for viderelevering, du får sjekke med dem (lokalbutikken her tar kun utenpå-rens, og det klarer egentlig jeg sjøl og :) ). Min D700 gikk på check&clean garantien (gratis check&clean i 3 år), mens jeg måtte betale 450,- for D70s’en.

 

Mari Said,

10:45 AM

lekre kort! Og lekre bilder med Iphonen!!!
Du, jeg trenger sååååårt fototips på hvordan få FINE LYSE bilder av lo'ene mine!
Little yellow bicycle har ikke kunnet brukt noen av dem i katalogen pga de er så mørke de mine...:(
HJEEELP!:)

Hm tjah, lyset er viktig, ser på bildene dine at de ofte gjerne er guloransje/har varm fargestikk i seg pga innendørs belysning (da bør du helst stille inn hvitbalansen på det – se etter en av de to vanlige lyspære-symbolene og prøv deg frem + etterjuster i et redigeringsprogam). Det beste er å bruke naturlig lys, duset gjennom vindu eller hvis direkte sol, gjennom lette hvite gardiner som duser ned lyset… suppeler med ekstern blits om nødvendig (på-kameraet-blits funker ofte dårlig til sånt, men om du må kan du prøve å duse den ned litt med ett lag hvit serviett foran kanskje? Prøv deg frem). Bruk så curves til å justere exposuren på bildet (altså lysne litt mer + justere kontrasten).

Jeg synes forøvrig at det å ta bilder av prosjektene er noe av det kjedeligste jeg må gjøre (ok, nest etter å laste de opp i ørten gallerier da :P), for selv om jeg har hvitbalanse-cap og bruker manuell hvitbalanse kan det ofte bli mye jobb med å finne riktig hvitbalanse i ettertid (mye mer enn om jeg tar bilder av mennesker og sånn synes jeg, sånt er kanskje mer merkbart når man tar bilder av små prosjekter?) + sjekke at lyset er jevnt (som regel er layoutene lyse på den ene siden og litt mørkere på den andre). Småpirk kanskje, men utrolig irriterende, særlig når man skal levere DT-greier..

Er det noen som har noen enkle, foolprooftriks når det gjelder fotografering av layout&kort og sånn?

5 intriguing feedbacks to '~~ My precious.. ~~'

  1. Lizzie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-precious.html?showComment=1296142055881#c4452997852004262919'> 4:27 PM

    That's a sweet photo of your nephew and your lovely scrap page has really done it justice. I love all the scallopy bits and the lace, flowers etc.

     

  2. banglamarie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-precious.html?showComment=1296163865709#c6539810972359897372'> 10:31 PM

    Nydelig layout Ania!! Skikkelig wow!

     

  3. https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-precious.html?showComment=1296173832526#c4028350030355705799'> 1:17 AM

    This layout is beautiful! I love the photos of your nephew!

     

  4. Eli Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-precious.html?showComment=1296193334297#c2965456449536579606'> 6:42 AM

    Alltid kos når du stikker innom; og bare hyggelig å kunne være til hjelp :) Layouten er nydelig! *klem*

     

  5. sophie Said,
    https://aniia.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-precious.html?showComment=1296308092377#c4953729519143752451'> 2:34 PM

    Hi!! I saw this page on the crate blog and LOVED it!! it is so amazingly done! love the depth of the design, colors and embellishments!! just fab!

     

Post a Comment

"But the bad news," he said "Girl you're a dandelion."
Dandelion. Hey I need to think about that.


-Tori Amos

    -Get off the cross we need the wood-